It is the month of togetherness, the month of promises, the month of LOVE!
Remember when after innumerable contemplation, you finally decided to propose? Butterflies in the stomach?
Yes!! The feeling was special. Back and forth, couldn’t decide – to say yes or reject. The decision was an important one. Lifelong commitment was something you always wanted.
Now that it is finally a YES and you have got all that you ever wanted, why not keep it going in the BEST possible manner? All that chasing was worth it, and everyday . though everyday is a Valentine’s day if you are truly, madly, deeply in love but there are no two thoughts that getting a pleasant surprise from the most special person in your life brings back all the memories and a makes you blush J
Think about it – how would your life be without them? Terrible. Period.
Don’t let them go…this Valentine’s make them realize – they are indeed special. You still care, and they still are the center of your world. What best to bake them a cake, to show how much they matter to you.
They know you cannot cook, have never cooked, but you can only imagine, how they wish you did. Created your own symbol of love – bake a chocolate cake!
Don’t stress over it. It isn’t that difficult. We are here to help you make them fall for you again.
We bring to you the most awesome, the most delicious, the most SIMPLE recipe of chocolate cake.
And by mentioning that it is the most basic form of a cake...we mean even its cooking is in the basic form....hence a COOKER CAKE :)
- Maida - 1 cup
- Milkmaid - 1/2 cup
- Sugar -1/4 cup
- Raisins and cashews as per choice ( I used a cup of them)
- Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Melted butter - 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips – ½ cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
So now baking it is the simplest thing one can do...but for the ones who have just begun....you would LOVE it for its simplicity.
* Start by mixing Maida, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl and then pass it through a sieve (this is done to bring in air and layers to the mixture...so that the cake turns fluffy)
* Mix in a separate bowl - sugar, milkmaid, butter and half the quantity of milk. Make a fine paste of it.
* Mix the ingredients of both bowls and make a smooth batter while adding rest of the milk.
* Take approximately 1 1/2 cup of salt and put it in the pressure cooker and spread it evenly. Remove the whistle and put it on the gas at low flame. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
* Take a bowl (preferably aluminium) grease it with oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Pour the batter into this bowl and put it in the cooker (when the salt is warm post 2-3 minutes)
* Close the lid (make sure you have removed the whistle) and now chill for 45 minutes before you look at the brilliant achievement!
* Once out of the cooker let it cool for 5 minutes and go pour all your creativity on to it...layer it with liquid chocolate and nuts.
-Komal Puri, contributing author