We believe the way to a man's heart is definitely through his stomach!! Celebrate the season of love with the universal language of love – Food. Try cooking some exotic, yet simple recipes for your valentine this season. This is our guide to surprise your spouse with this quick romantic three-course meal this Valentine's Day !!
· 2 tablespoons fruit puree (raspberry, passion fruit, blood orange, peach, pomegranate)
Spoon the puree into a champagne flute and pour champagne on top. How easy is that!
Stuffed With Love-Shrooms
· 12 gourmet stuffing mushrooms (Washed with stems removed and set aside)
· 1/2 cup white wine
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 chopped onion
· Half a bunch spinach
· 1 cup breadcrumbs
· 1 tablespoon dried parsley
· 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
· 3 slices cheese
· salt and pepper
· Arrange Mushrooms in a large glass casserole dish, set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· In a pan, sauté mushroom stems, spinach, garlic, and olive oil for about 3- 4 minutes.
· Add wine and continue to sauté for about 5-10 minutes.
· Remove mixture from heat and place in a bowl.
· Stir in bread crumbs, chopped onions, parsley, mayo and cheese. Mix well.
· Scoop small amounts of mixture into each mushroom cap. Bigger caps will need more of the mixture.
· Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper.
· Cut cheese slices into fourths. Place small pieces of onto each mushroom cap.
· Cook in oven uncovered for 20-35 minutes. The bottom of the casserole dish will be wet when mushrooms are ready, and the cheese on top should be brown and bubbly.
· 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
· 1/4 cup minced shallot
· 2 minced garlic cloves
· 1/4 cup butter
· 1/2 lb fusilli pasta, cooked al dente
· 4 large egg yolks
· 1 cup half-and-half
· 1/2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
· 2 teaspoons minced parsley
· In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, the shallot and garlic in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are just firm to touch and opaque.
· Reduce heat to moderately-low and stir in the pasta.
· In a bowl, beat together the yolks, half and half and the Parmesan.
· Add the egg mixture to the shrimp mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened, tossing all the while so the egg doesn’t curdle, about 3-4 minutes.
· Do not let sauce boil.
· Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with Love!!
Strawberry dipped chocolate
· 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
· 3 ounces White chocolate
· 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried
· Wax Paper
· Microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate
· Optional: Nuts, sprinkles or small chocolate chips to dip them in.
· Wash and dry all the strawberries. Make sure they are completely dry before you start melting the chocolate.
· Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Be sure to only heat the chocolate for 30 seconds at a time so you don’t burn it. You will heat the white chocolate in a separate bowl.
· Lay out a long sheet of wax paper.
· Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
· Optional: Dip them in Nuts, Sprinkles or small chocolate chips.
· Set strawberries on the parchment paper.
· Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
· Finally, dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
· Allow about 30 minutes for the chocolate to set and then enjoy!